HCA Management Services, LP
Derry, NH, United States
Case Management, Counseling, Healthcare
Parkland Medical Center, an 86-bed acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Trauma III facilitythat offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health.* *Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities.
I Choose Parkland Medical Center
The Mental Health Technician functions as a member of the treatment team and accepts responsibilities for specifically assigned duties, such as patient observation rounds, suicide risk observation and assisting with behavior modification programs.
* Demonstrates expertise in mental health promotion and maintenance of high quality comprehensive patient care.
* Displays respect for patient’s integrity, patient information and patient rights.
* Demonstrates expertise in the performance of tasks necessary to maintain a therapeutic milieu and optimum patient care.
* Escorts patients to and from scheduled activities in a safe and professional manner.
* Performs all specific skills assigned including monitoring vital signs in a complete and accurate manner.
* Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of the unit.
* Maintains high level of interpersonal relationships with program staff.
* Utilizes appropriate skills in telephone etiquette when answering the telephone, making sure to record correct messages and pass along to appropriate staff, including patient inquiries.
* Demonstrate efficiency in maintaining support services, which are vital to effective program operation.
* Maintains unit filing and paperwork system, if assigned by Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse.
* Assist with maintaining patients’ activities of daily living.
* Demonstrates ability to maintain a safe environment
* Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
* Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
* Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
High school diploma or GED required.
Bachelors or Associates degree in psychology or human service field preferred.
American Heart Association BCLS and CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within 30 days of hire.
At least one year of experience as a MHT in a healthcare setting preferred.
Must exhibit quality communication skills with the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Mental Health Technician - Behavioral Health - Per Diem
Location: New Hampshire-Derry-Parkland Medical Center - Derry
Requisition ID: 00636-5034
HCA Management Services, LP
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.